Requisition ID: 265105
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Managing Director – Indochina, is responsible for overall performance of the Indochina Market that includes Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Bhutan, Maldives and Nepal. As the public face of SAP in Indochina, the Managing Director will be responsible for engaging with key stakeholders across customers, partners and press/media. The Managing Director will lead the Market with drive and tenacity and will foster a passionate and customer centric culture that is focused proudly on Indochina.
With full P&L accountability, the Managing Director will execute the strategic plan in alignment with the 2023 vision. He/She will translate the strategic plan into tactics for the Market, ensuring the prerequisites for operational excellence and contributing to the regional business planning process. Overall, the main target for the Managing Director is to drive profitable growth of the Market. The Managing Director will drive sales success within enterprise and public sector. In addition, he/she will build strong relationships with key partners (both multinational and local) to ensure customer success.
As part of the South East Asian senior leadership team, the Managing Director will be a key contributor to SAP’s success in the region, and broader APJ market. As a business leader, he/she will contribute to the strategy and drive initiatives that will deliver performance improvement both locally and regionally. Additionally, the Managing Director will collaborate with stakeholders across SAP globally, to deliver business outcomes in support of the Indochina goals.
I. Prepare Market for max. operational success – short-, mid- and long-term
- Take full and sole accountability for the Indochina P/L, the whole customer life cycle & full supply chain – across all LOBs
- Define best-fit local ONE SAP GTM strategy & priorities (aligned with SAPs overall strategy, objectives and GTM) – including decision on how to best utilize shared services offered by supporting matrix functions
- Design and ensure implementation of Market game plan - focus on the long-term growth objectives in parallel to managing quarterly operations
- Ensure effective translation of high-level business (P&L) targets set for the Market into operational budgets, HC planning, bonus plans, and individual target setting
- Effectively leads and provides direction to teams and individuals – even when the formal authority may reside elsewhere in the matrix
- The Managing Director should besides effectively align with stakeholders externally, also effectively leverage from the network inside SAP
- Ensure discipline on execution across the Market and fulfillment of SAP programs and processes
II. Drive effective execution on Market level
- Ensure “Customer first” and delivery of value to MU customers – as ONE SAP
- Protect and effectively build SAP reputation in local market
- Build, develop, coach and lead a strong management team and teams across all LOBs
- Ensure operational excellence – incl. effective utilization of shared services provided by supporting matrix functions
- Be a role model as a manager and business leader
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a large, multi-national software / technology / consulting organization - developing and executing business plans and programs.
- Proven track record in sales and sales management.
- Experience in managing a considerable amount of people, especially in a matrix organisation.
- Familiarity and in-depth knowledge of the Market – SAP customers and partners.
- Proficiency in English.
- Bachelor's degree required
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.