It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
This role requires an ability to work with a product/process development team to develop, customize, improve and maintain in-house automation software for a multipurpose pick and place based optical assembly machine, and develop and maintain a product database for process/test/manufacturing. The main focus may consist of:
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment taking new concept designs through prototyping and delivering into production, developing leading edge optoelectronic products.
- Engage with a global product development team to understand the product design to facilitate robust highly integrated optical product assembly processes.
- Work closely with design engineers, manufacturing and external vendors to solve issues with optical components.
- Apply advanced programming principles, theories, and concepts to develop new automation software and customize existing automation software to improve process control including data visualization.
- Author and execute software validation activities, to ensure product quality.
- Provide documentation and user training, and post implementation support.
- Project management through the automation software development life cycle to ensure on-time delivery.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) development team to implement and improve product functionality/configuration and, system integration (ERP, TDS, etc).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in IT, Computer Engineers, or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years of experience as automation software analyst or in software development. Experience in any manufacturing application to support a m anufacturing environment is a plus but not required .
- Knowledge and experience in Python/VB.Net is desired.
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment.
- Experience in Oracle EBS, SQL Server/SSRS, Business Objects/Camstar Intelligence and BI reporting.
- Experience in software development life cycles, or system deployment.
- Familiarity with Camstar/Factorywork/SAP ME is a plus but not required.
- Able to develop small applications with VB, VBA, .Net, C#.
- Understanding in image recognition and machine vision systems is a plus but not required.
- Experience in automated pick and place process for microelectronic product is a plus but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, and implement / monitor root cause corrective actions.
- Demonstrate trouble shooting and problem-solving ability in manufacturing processes.
- Good project management, and handle special assignments promptly and professionally
- Support an environment conducive to effective cross-team interaction and self-initiates applicable information sharing.
- Accept and provide constructive feedback.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and willing to learn and adapt.
- Willing and able to travel and work at other Lumentum sites (domestic and abroad).
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good in English.
Job Competencies: Individual Contributor, Intermediate level
This individual must possess the interpersonal skills to be able to work as a team contributor, and individual contributor. In addition, the individual shall have the ability to function in a structured/organized manner, and the ability to follow through on given tasks, and manage cross-functional projects.