Lead and drive engineering in the ongoing evolution, growth and transformation of the way company delivers all of its products. Work closely with various Product managers and the CTO to develop and deliver quality products. Develop, lead and inspire the team. Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of strong architects and engineers. Solidify succession plans and enhance management capabilities to meet strategic and operating objectives.
- Ensure the performance and quality of all released products.
- Implement and maintain code, quality, processes and coding standards.
- Directly manage the performance of applications and systems to ensure that the organisation is meeting business growth and customer needs on time and on quality.
- Ensure high quality and high customer satisfaction while maintaining a high pace of innovation.
- Develop, lead and inspire the team. Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of strong architects and engineers. Solidify succession plans and enhance management capabilities to meet strategic and operating objectives.
- Be in charge of the interviewing and hiring pipeline to build up the engineering team.
- Establish a strong collaborative culture with peers and other functions. Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity.
- Be an effective spokesperson and champion for the engineering teams.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the complexities and needs of running a large software development and software services organisation, such as making technology and architectural trade-offs, competitive analysis, market gap analysis, life-cycle management, etc.
- Work closely and engage with Executives and direct reports to establish an environment that is motivating and entrepreneurial in nature. Work especially closely with the Product organisation to obtain a prompt resolution to key business issues likely to impact product release schedules, product requirements, product quality, and business operations.
- Be required to code when necessary.
- Able to communicate in Thai (Business level) to lead a team of natives in Bangkok
- Minimum of 8 years in software engineering including 2 years of leadership experience.
- A highly driven leader that is known to deliver in high growth and highly dynamic environments.
- Successful experience of setting the vision, building, leading and motivating engineering teams at scale.
- A combination of domain expertise in cloud services, SaaS, web and mobile development, infrastructure, and/or system-level software is highly desired.
- Trained in software development, organisation and leadership from a company well known and widely respected for world-class software development processes and practices.
- Track record of retaining, developing, motivating, and mentoring highly effective teams.
- Familiarity with RESTful API design and back-end services architecture.
- Strong understanding of Git.
- Ability to write quality Ruby code.
- Familiarity and background using AWS services.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with React, ReactNative, Vue.js
Interested candidate, please submit your updated resume in MS WORD format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Name: Yong Whei Jie
Registration Number: R1110096
EA Licence Number: 02C3423
Octavius, Whei Jie Yong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1110096