The Purchasing Manager will be fully responsible for the overall performance of Purchasing processes such as new supplier/part sourcing and development, localization, material cost reduction and setup supplier agreement. Also, responsible for leading and developing strategic purchaser team to achieve department and company target strategically.
- Managing and coordinating GSCM activities in Thailand and report to the General Manager.
- Drawing support from CA Purchasing Director for sourcing steel, tubes, stampings and other components for Thailand CA operations.
- Driving and establishing commodity strategies for Thailand.
- Creating a team environment with a local supply chain and giving support in a crisis.
- Being responsible for material cost downs, payment term extensions, and material cost forecasting
- Leading GSCM commodity, applications and supplier development teams in Thailand.
- Driving TVM to bring down the material cost.
- Improving margins on all products being manufactured in Thailand.
- Supporting the manufacturing/industrialization strategy through "Make Vs Buy" analysis.
- Driving commodity strategies and creating a bidding list.
- Ensuring global alignment in sourcing decisions.
- Driving the localization of Imports and VAVE activities.
- Driving customer quotes, new launches and ensuring launches on time with required quality levels and quoted EBIT.
- Improving supplier process and creating a capable supply base for CA and RP to meet business objectives and five-year business plan.
- Creating a team environment with a local SCM team and supporting them in a supply crisis.
- 10 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Experience preferably in a Tier-1 Automotive Industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, MBA.
- Has previous experience in handing commercials, new launches and supplier development is preferred.
- Ability and readiness to travel.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and matrix reporting system.
- Familiarity with drawings, specs, testing, material and manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and verbal communications in English.
- Advanced PC skills (MS Office/Internet/E-mail) are a must.
- Exposure to working in an ERP-enabled Environment is an advantage
Our client offers attractive salary and allowance, insurance, a provident fund, a five-day working week and the opportunity to work for a global company.Reference Code: PUR1160820