Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB's Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Power Grids business in Thailand. Reporting to the Cluster Operating Unit Manager, you will provide key support to the business, ensuring accurate tracking and processing of all transactions.
- Serving as the key partner for the Grid Automation Business Line Manager in determining business strategy in line with wider Business and Product Group strategies.
- Translating business strategy into plans and establishing measurable targets, evaluating the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identifying risks and recommending actions.
- Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for Power Grids business and serving as the interface with the Local Business Head.
- Establishing cost structures, productivity optimization and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flow and taking relevant actions to improve net working capital.
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Performing financial analysis, reporting to business managers and making suggestions to improve performance, where appropriate.
- Establishing and overseeing the processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information, ensuring high quality information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, the Accounting Center and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues, suggestions for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- More than 5 years of experience in an Accounting or Controlling role, preferably in a multi-national company with manufacturing especially electric industry controlling.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting.
- Must have a good commanding and understanding of SAP (CO, FI and SA module).
- Up to date with market trends; Exceed customer/partner expectations.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal English communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.