Businesses that partner with Omise come in all shapes, sizes, and market caps, and no one payment solution works for all. Our technology fuels companies like Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald's (Thailand), True Corporation, BMW (Thailand), and Pomelo.
We are in the business of building financial products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Omise is a technology enabler. Our mission is to power digital commerce in Asia.
Omise is a value-driven organization, focused on selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. This is where you might see yourself grow!
Why we need you
Do you consider yourself an “A-player” engineer? Have you found yourself the person people reach out to at the companies you've worked for? Are you switched on by performance? Scalability? Architecture? Express yourself through the code you write? Is company culture as important to you as the technology?
Well... you may well be who we are looking for! Omise is currently experiencing a period of growth and we need a number of people to help fulfil our technical needs; as well as helping to shape and advance our culture.
What you'll be doing
We strongly enable our engineers to be initiative and always look for the most appropriate technical designs and decisions. The members in an Engineering team, including software engineers, Frontend engineers, or Data engineers, understand product business values and provide recommendations with a given platform needs at a highest level of technical quality and product visions.
Another part of our philosophy is “right tool for the right job”. And that is precisely why we won't be demanding a particular language or skill set in this job spec! What you end up using will largely depend on the project, its KPIs and your own recommendation!
As a Senior React Engineer, you will work on our various products and services to win customers, focusing frontend applications, as well as participate in all phases of the development cycle.
At Omise, we work in numerous technologies and our engineers' skills grow as the platform does.
As such, we are happy to speak to those candidates that demonstrate fluency in more than one object-orientated language - and those candidates will be very comfortable with the 2021 engineer responsibility to learn-as-you-go. This principle also applies to a Senior Frontend Engineer, you can be familiar with any tools regarding frontend development and eager to show us what else you can learn.
What else should you be familiar with?
- test hypothesis and the data collection
- Applications performance improvement
- Scalability and its practices
- Various self-healing architectures / design decisions
- working in cross-functional highly collaborative Scrum teams
- a customer-centric mindset
- Experienced in a backend web framework, Node.js or Ruby on Rails preferred
- Must have worked on at least one JS Framework like React / Angular
- Must have experience in building RESTful APIs
- Familiar with front-end & Unit test tools, ex. Webpack,Babel, npm, Yarn, Cypress etc.
- Deep understanding of state management eg redux
- Ability to design a modern responsive UI
- Can write clear code that any developers can read and understand in one go
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies
- Clearly document everything you build
If this sounds like fun to you and you fit the bill, you'd be most welcome! We are on the verge of doing something big - we want your help and expertise to get there in the best way possible. There's much to do, much to create (and some to fix!). Get in touch!
Why you'll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
- Founded in 2013, currently 180 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including 31 Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
- Won Digital Startup of the Year at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017
- Won 3 rewards from International Business Magazine Award 2020
- Most Innovative Electronic Payment Platform for Singapore
- Most Innovative Seamless Transactions Provider for Singapore
- Best Payment Solutions Provider in Singapore
Life at Omise
If achieving the goal is captivating and you would like to see how you can pursue your goal as a part of the company's goal, then Omise could be the place for your next step.
At Omise, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. Our fellow Omisians are encouraged to discuss and share their ideas, and are equipped with a thinking process and given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
We love to see Omisians naturally act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each question with the strong collaboration of teamwork.
People at Omise are from different backgrounds but all work to help create an inclusive environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and work effectively together through open discussions, learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and achieve a step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us!
We look forward to getting in touch with you!
Omise embraces diversity and nourishes an open and inclusive work environment. We are home to over 20 nationalities and all decisions to hire, promote or discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.