Software Developer Specialist
GE IS Asia Development Manager
GE IS Asia Development
Ladkrabang Industrial Estate
Essilor is an innovative market leader and a market maker thanks to its ability to anticipate and answer consumer needs. Our 69,000 employees are dedicated to correcting and protecting the vision of the 7.7 billion people in the world, sharing a strong mission, culture and core values that are best represented by the Group’s powerful employee shareholding. https://youtube.com/channel/UCPAyjiF7qibaoowGyqy47jQ
Nice to know
The position holder will be an applications specialist of engineering applications (software), he/she is responsible to propose technical solutions, ensure development and delivers with good quality to answer to functional requirement for both new technology and new product integration into Calculation system to secure our new products, new technologies development. Whereas a person will be working in an international and challenging environment with teams located across many countries.
Your day at Essilor
1. To Understand, operate and maintain within the context of Calculation System evolutions but not limited to its components and inclusive of Data Management tools.
- Conduct technical analysis on Calculation system requirements (core, components, tools and system environment)
- Provide support and solutions for new products, new technologies and other technical requests.
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document components develop by self and others as per the requirements and specifications coupled with best practices and coding standards in mind.
2. Participate in achieving software quality and propose continuous improvement of the methodology on Calculation System and Data Management Technologies
- Able to unit test code by writing automated tests to contribute to efficiency and software quality improvement
- Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedbacks
- Propose software optimization or performance tuning for various real-time environment of clients such as OS, db compliance, software platforms and framework.
- Provide technical training to peers
3. Participate in the integration of Calculation system and tools with other Essilor IT Systems
- Provide technical expertise to support and deployment teams
- Organizes and ensures training and transfer of skills to support and deployment teams as required or needed.
4. Analysis of the functional specification and writing (Create or update) technical specification, develop (coding), breakdown task, perform coding and/or assign to a developer, ensure code assembly and quality of deliverables.
5. Keep update on new technology links to development activity, evaluates adaptation or update calculator to be compliance with new technology or standard technology defined by the group (ex. Cloud solution, framework versioning etc.)
Bachelor's Degree in Information System, IT, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields.
At least 3 years experienced in IT Application Development. With the experience in Manufacturing or Industrial environment will be advantage
Very high level in .NET, C#, Web (Angular, MVC) development, and knowledge in Python, other programing languages is preferable.
Good knowledge on software build, continuous integration, validation process (TFS, DevOps)
Good knowledge in database and NoSQL, Operating system both windows and Linux
Knowledge in Manufacturing process and ophthalmic products Strong analytical skills
Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
English communication both written and spoken is a must.