Location: Asia Pacific, Thailand, Rayong Ref: JOHNCRANEAPAC00846 Division: John Crane Job Function: Customer Service
To support customer service workload, support sale team on documentation preparing and internal process to complete the requirement for both internal and external.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
- Receive incoming calls and emails; take messages, respond appropriately and route correspondence to the appropriate executive of staff member
- Mindful in Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) in day to day work and participate in organization improvement
- Attract potential customers by providing first-level support on enquiries relating to John Crane’s products and services;
- Open/maintain customer accounts by recording and updating account information;
- Be the first point of contact for customers’ complaints – ensure follow-up and escalation of the matter if needed to ensure timely resolution;
- Generate product and service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information;
- Support the sales team by preparing quotations for customers, and performing order entries in business enterprise system SAP;
- Follow up on outstanding orders to ensure product delivery is in accordance with promise date; and
- Perform all other relevant tasks as assigned from time to time.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related disciplines
- Possess literacy of computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Can understand and communicate both written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of customer service, as well as import/export procedures are a plus
- Have prior experience in operating SAP system in SD and SM modules
- Self-motivated, with the ability both independently or in a team where required
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.