Partnerships Officer for Dao Ethical Gifts – Based in Chiang Mai
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political, and non-religious organization based in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. BDF provides access to education, health and safety services to more than 2,000 vulnerable children living in urban slums and construction site camps in Thailand. Through its direct service provision programs and systemic impact strategy, BDF protects and empowers marginalized children and their families to become more self-sustainable and provide opportunities for a better future.
Dao Ethical Gifts* is a social enterprise model powered by Baan Dek Foundation (BDF), which empowers women in need through work readiness skills, financial literacy, sewing training to enable them to produce some gifts and generate an extra source of income when facing personal or economic crisis. 100% of the profits generated by DEG go back to BDF’s programs to support vulnerable children, generating a sustainable source of income for the Foundation. DEG are gifts that truly give back with a measurable impact on communities, complementing CSR strategies of the corporate market.
- Dao Ethical Gifts is currently in the process of applying for social enterprise status, in alignment with the corresponding act passed in 2019.
Job Title: Dao Partnerships Officer
Type of Contract: Full-time volunteer position, 6 months to 1 year (with possibility of
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand (with possible occasional trips to Bangkok)
Expected Start Date: ASAP
This position will work within the Partnerships Team at BDF, under the direct supervision of the Partnerships Coordinator, based in Chiang Mai, with oversight from the Partnerships Manager and Dao’s Founder, based in Bangkok. The main responsibilities of this role include the following:
Dao Ethical Gifts support:
1. Form new Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnerships: identify leading corporations with CSR or with potential to develop CSR to support Dao’s innovative approach and social impact.
2. Establish, maintain and cultivate relationships with Dao clients and potential Dao clients and partners.
3. Provide customer service to clients and donors for Dao orders. This includes receiving an order, creating a quote, delivering invoices and collecting customer feedback.
4. Aid the Communications Team in content creation in accordance with Dao Communications Strategy and Digital Marketing Strategy.
5. Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate about Dao products and impact to existing and potential clients.
Partnerships Team support:
1. Support the Partnerships Team by developing Letters of Intent (LOIs), proposals or concept notes to support funding for the Dao Women’s Empowerment Project and other BDF projects.
2. Produces donor reports and collaborates across teams to gather and include relevant inputs and necessary data into each report.
3. Supports partner visits to the Chiang Mai office by assisting the Partnerships Coordinator with welcoming visitors, preparing an agenda and presenting information on BDF programs and activities, and participating in field visits.
- Support in the promotion of a constructive and productive working environment among the team. Actively support information sharing, transparency, and dialogue among the staff and with beneficiaries of all projects.
- Consulting mind-set: helping partners to integrate Dao Ethical Gifts in their CSR strategy and to engage their employees/clients in a sustainable way
- Excellent command of English (written and oral)
- Multitasking and flexibility
- Able to work in a multicultural, fast-paced environment
- Efficient organizational and project coordination skills
- High level of communication and teamwork
- Highly motivated to bring innovative solutions, to lead and to create a social impact
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) is an asset
Qualifications: Sales experience with a particular focus on marketing or communications (or studies in a relevant field). Excellent writing skills, with experience in writing grant proposals as an asset. Experience with social businesses is highly recommended.
Experience working with children (or for an organization that supports children) is considered an asset. Strong social commitment, with a positive attitude and passion for locally-led projects.
Ability to work and live in a multicultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and creative, as well as flexible and independent in their work ethic.
Language: Fluent in English, Thai as an asset
Other desired skills: Ability to drive a motorbike, or ability to learn
Working hours: Full time - Monday to Friday with occasional weekends and evenings
How to Apply
Please send all applications (CV/cover letter/name and contact information for 2 references) via e-mail only to Ms. Sarah Guidas, Partnerships Coordinator at email@example.com and Ms. Supriya Kasaju, Partnerships Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and please cc: Mr. Werapong (Pank) Peansupap at email@example.com. In the subject line of the email please write “Dao Partnerships Officer (your name)”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English. BDF is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit. To comply with BDF’s Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested to provide a copy of his/her criminal records. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with BDF's Child Protection Policy.
Closing date for applications: On a rolling basis, early applications encouraged
More details on BDF’s projects on www.baandekfoundation.org.
More details on Dao Ethical Gifts on www.daoethicalgifts.com.
มูลนิธิเครือข่ายพัฒนาบ้านเด็ก (kids home development net work foundation) เรียกสั้นๆว่า มูลนิธิบ้านเด็ก BaanDek Foundation ได้รับการจดทะเบียนอย่างถูกต้อง มูลนิธิฯมีจุดมุ่งหมายให้ความช่วยเหลือและอนุเคราะห์เด็กด้อยโอกาส ให้สามารถเข้าถึงบริการ/สิทธิที่จำเป็น โดยเน้น สามด้านหลักคือ ด้านการศึกษา สุขภาพและ ความปลอดภัย