Job Code Title:United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
21 April 2021-5 May 2021
Job Opening number:
Staffing Exercise ID:
Result of Service
The following activities and/or deliverables:
1) Based on functional specifications from business analyst, provide technical specification documentations and provided technical solutions
2) Actual web development on the features which are needed
3) Create training material/job aids, and SOPs for operational support teams
4) Provide guidance and handover to junior in-house developers on the final deliveries and future maintenance.
ESCAP (Individual contractor will work in the UN premises or will work remotely depends on the office work condition at that stage.)
From 1 June 2021 – 31 August 2021, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) located at the United Nations Buildings in Bangkok, Thailand is seeking the expression of interest of an individual contractor who will work as a Web Application Developer on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) project.
As the service provider for almost 30 entities, it is crucial for ESCAP’s Division of Administration to have an easy way for clients to submit service requests and for each service unit’s manager and team members to manage these requests. In light of this, the office developed a web-based platform so that clients can submit service request, request meetings and search for different service areas' relevant info. It is therefore a need to have a web application expert with good understanding of Service Request Management processes to upgrade this web portal.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Business Transformation & Change Management, the individual contractor is required to perform the following functions for the ESCAP Bangkok Service Delivery Project:
1. Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing Web Application, Bangkok Service Hub Portal, which is used for service clients of ESCAP Division of Administration to obtain service information and request services from ESCAP service teams
2. Troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
3. Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases;
assists users in acceptance testing.
4. Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for the project
5. Organizes the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of developed functions, and is able to assess the information security of developed applications.
6. Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc. Provide proposal and proof of concept development on integration with other commercial enterprise systems within UN Secretariat
7. Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations related to this project
8. Develops training materials, operating and user manuals
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, machine learning or related field, is required. A recognized first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience in software development may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of custom computer applications is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience with MS SQL database or equivalent rational database is required.
- Experience in writing IT related procedures in English is required.
- Experience with Apache HTTP service is required.
- Experience with deployment on Linux platform is highly desirable.
- Experience with more than one programming language is highly desirable.
- Experience with Angular 2 and/or React/React Native is highly desirable.
- Experience with webservice and XML development is highly desirable
- Experience with Siebel CRM system is highly desirable
- Experience with MS Azure Security setup/web application integration is highly desireable
- Experience with Drupal modules development (7/8) is desirable.
- Experience with Mobile development (Android/iOS) is desirable.
- Experience with accessibility of websites by disabled persons is desirable.
Language: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.