Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Associated Planning Director.
You will develop strong communication recommendations across channels that deliver great results for our clients. You will lead a team to deliver full connection planning recommendations and offer resourceful problem-solving while developing and maintaining strong client relationships. You will oversee preparation of media plans and supervise implementation.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Senior Director.- Integrated Planning
3 best things about the job:
- Be a part of the largest marketing services group in the world and work with a diverse group of people across our network.
- Work on one of the most premium brands
- Hone media skills and knowledge across a spectrum of channels/platforms, including traditional and digital, through interacting with our team of specialists.
Measures of success:
In three months:
- A good understanding of the client’s business and develop a great working relationship with key client contacts.
- Demonstrate good collaboration with various divisions and teams across markets.
- Craft overall advertising media objectives from business plans upon competitive analysis, marketing data, key learning and insights.
- Good time management skill and able to follow through on process and delivery timelines.
In six months:
- Established strong team and client relationships, receive great feedback from co-workers and key client contacts.
- Become the first port-of-call on day-to-day dealings and a trusted advisor to the client by properly justifying recommendations, demonstrate strong timeline management and deliver agreed outcomes.
- Worked on campaign briefs with minimal supervision, providing strategic recommendations with strong insights and channel tactics.
In 12 months:
- Built up team capabilities to develop more innovative media solutions, going beyond traditionally planned media and starting to instill a yearning in clients to expand into the digital space and look at how campaigns can be driven by content, social media marketing, programmatic digital, mobile, search, etc.
- Ensured implementation of campaigns that help drive revenue growth.
- Delivered good campaigns with strong business results worthy of awards submissions.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and build relationships with clients, be a trusted advisor on account requirements.
- Responsible for overall campaign strategy, planning, implementation and post-campaign reviews for your set of brands.
- Set viable objectives and KPIs, and recommend/develop measurement methodology against all briefs.
- Ensure projects/campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies.
- Work with the team on competitive reporting and analysis.
- Propose and implement new planning approaches, ideas and product offerings.
- Support contractual discussions with key media vendors and trading commitments for the client.
- Keep a close ear to the ground on new opportunities to take to clients.
- Help guide and advise the wider team on best practices, innovation and work processes.
- Champion the growth and development of Agency services beyond media planning and buying.
- Work with internal specialist resources and group resources.
- Manage and develop your direct reports.
What you will need:
- Experience at least 10 years or more in media/marketing industry.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners and internal specialist resources.
- Competence in media planning and buying across all platforms with a good understanding and working knowledge of digital media.
- A demonstrated depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent English communication skills.
More about Wavemaker
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with