- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for the business.
- Ensure consistent use and appropriate application of the global chart of accounts and accounting principles and policies.
- Control quality and ensure timely submission of Forecast and Budget exercises.
- Monitor business control effectiveness and develop/execute improvement plans to assure accurate financial reporting.
- Supervises activities of Senior Accountants
- Ensures the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting reports
- Supports the internal/external audit process and ensure it is complete properly
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal control and ensure that good internal control always existing
- Work with Budget Owners to get an understanding of performance.
- To provide budget variance commentary and reporting to Managing director and regional HQ
- Promote and check compliance with the treasury policy.
- Provide accurate cash-flow forecasting.
- Arrange intra group loan and dividend working with divisional tax team.
- Coordinate and build good relationship with local Bank
Tax & Compliance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide statutory account, tax filing and other reporting to local authority in a timely manner.
- Run and report monthly minimum control to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Monitor and assess business control environment and take action to improve it if weakness is found.
Daily financial operational
Specific duties, activities, and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Diversity & Inclusion
- Responsible for the journal entries posting in General accounting and for AP/AR functions of the company
- Responsible for the treasury and cash flow reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Responsible for reporting in Consolidation system including preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including "Budget vs. Actual"
- Assist with completing of the quarterly and annual regulatory fillings; preparation of assigned quarterly and annual statutory statement schedule required by HQ.
- Adherence strictly to deadline of month end/quarter end/annual closing of accounts
- Other duties as required
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.The Individual
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 7 years of experience in financial management
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Financial
- Familiarity with ERP System, SAP will be advantaged.
- Knowledgeable in a local VAT, indirect taxes and all local statutory filings
- Experience of working in well-established global multinationals with matrix reporting structures.
- Good communication skills, both English and Thai
- Strong exposure to financial control; budgeting, forecasting and management reporting; and ensuring adherence to statutory requirements.
- Preferable with knowledge of treasury, tax and transfer pricing, but not a must
- Qualified Chartered Accountant in Thailand
- High level of personal and professional integrity, ethics and values.
- Ability to work independently and meet objectives without constantly looking upwards to seek directions.
- Ability to interact with all functions of the business and communicate at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Ability to handle pressure at work and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to quickly understand the culture, establish credibility and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.