Production Field Representative
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select capable growers to match with the production planned each year; Meeting with all growers, select base on criteria of skill of growers, manpower support, budget, and appropriate environment. Then, propose to Field Production Supervisor for further approval.
- Taking lead & proactive action to prevent field destruction due to unexpected circumstance such as disease, insects, etc. Work closely with contract grower in case of uncontrollable situation to make sure that our production has been operated smoothly.
- Farm Input preparation: plans and determine the Chemical, Fertilizer, and Material (CFM) usage for each crop. Also determine number of plants or area for each grower, and submit this data to Seedling Nursery team
- Have each grower signed contract and summary in excel sheet, then submit to Production Coordinator for SAP data input and grower payment at the end.
- Complete safety checklist for every contract grower and give advice in case of some items do not meet MON requirement.
- Collects and enters field production data into SAP system ensuring precise data is filled in as schedule.
- Ensure number of requested seedling & variety are available and ready as planned by work closely with Seedling team. Also make sure that seedling is handed over to grower properly and transplanted without any problem.
- Responsible for seed production in daily basis; conduct weekly field visit, advising to solve problem, and provide technical support to contracted growers such as pruning, emasculating, pollinating, roughing, weed/insects/ disease control, irrigating and fertilizing techniques.
- Estimate seed yield of each grower in every month after transplanting into the field until finish harvesting. Also input estimated data via FIDO /iPad
- Accommodate the Plant Quarantine, government official for field inspection to obtain the required Phytosanitary Certificate.
- Supervises and training the temporary Assistant Technician (AT), ensuring AT can perform their duties to support Field Technician’s task efficiently.
- Enhance awareness and brand loyalty to contract growers to be a partner of company business as well as to secure our germplasm from competitors.
- Perform other duties as requested as appropriately of level, such as ESH, OHSAS 18001: 2007, ISO implementation.
- To be Supervisor and Trainer for new Field Rep by training all proper production knowledge sufficiency included yield estimation, data input to system and conduct new Field Rep can work as company expectation and standard.
- To support new Field Representative, find the best solution when he/she faces some challenges.
WHO YOU ARE
- Vocational degree or higher in Horticulture or other related field.
- Able to travel and work in upcountry.
- Valid driver license and good driving record.
- At least 3 years of direct experience in Horticulture
- Seed production experience is preferred.
- Fair command in English and communication skill
- Good computer skill especially MS Excel & Word
Application Period: 04/05/2021 to 04/20/2021 Reference Code: 379209
Division: Crop Science Location: Thailand : Chiang Rai : Mueang || Thailand : Khon Kaen : Muang || Thailand : Sakon Nakhon : Pangkone
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing Position Grade: unknown
Employment Type: Work Time: 40 hours
Address Telephone E-Mail
130/1 N Sathon Rd, Silom, Bang Rak,
Bangkok 10500, Thailand +66 2 232 7000 firstname.lastname@example.org