Location Samut Prakan, Thailand Job type Full-Time Contract Regular/Permanent
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will manage a team of designers/engineers in Electrification Business area in Samutprakarn; Thailand. Reporting to the Operation Unit Manager, you will oversee diverse engineering projects, delivering high-quality, cost-effective and timely Engineering solutions to customers.
- Driving performance to ensure that deliverables are met on time and as per the set contract, safety and quality requirements.
- Working closely with customers to shape and deliver technical solutions and utilizing feedback to drive the delivery of innovative improvements and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that the Engineering team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs – formulating plans and allocating resources to meet agreed-upon contractual and financial targets.
- Overseeing the completion of risk and opportunity assessments and leading the implementation of resulting actions across projects.
- Developing and driving continuous improvement activities to optimize processes, policies, procedures and team effectiveness.
- Guiding, motivating, coaching and developing the skills, knowledge and competencies of the engineering team.
- Supporting the allocation of budget and taking ownership of managing business performance against agreed-upon financial targets and constraints.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, about 10 years of experience in related field.
- Experience in primary engineering and system engineering.
- Good sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Organizational- and management skills.
- Self-driven personality.
- Profound knowledge in Low- and Medium voltage components and systems.
- Understanding of Commercial Requirements.
- Training and experience in HR processes, people management.
- Self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skill
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.Reference Number TH76864610_E11 Publication date 2021-04-03
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.