At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Job role description: Associate Full-Stack Application Developer You see the big picture, able to imagine successful technology-driven solutions from start to finish. As an Associate Full-Stack Application Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, co-creating solutions to major real-world challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do as an Associate Full Stack Developer:
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Use IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Work with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React.js, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery).
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality and scalable products.
- Design and develop a new modern application or sustaining a legacy application.
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Support Code Review process / tools, troubleshooting, performance tuning
- Help maintain and improve code quality, organization, and automatization
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a complete minimally viable product.
- Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both front end and backend
- Have knowledge of modern frameworks such as Angular or React.js
- Familiar with Java/JEE best practices around design patterns, performance tuning, automated tests and unit tests
- Exposure in writing RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture and Spring Boot framework
- Exposure to deploying applications with container technology like Docker and container orchestration technology like Kubernetes or RedHat OpenShift is highly desired
- Familiar with twelve-factor cloud design principles
- Experience in following a structure methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
- Have exposure to Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Could or IBM Cloud
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Technology or other related subjects
- Good in English
Good in English
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.