The Credit Analyst 1 is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- Accurately spreads business and personal financial statements and business and individual tax returns on a timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Citibank policies.
- Ensure that financial data for simple to complex credits are mapped appropriately into the bank's matrix and analysis tool.
- Provides comments to the judgmental Underwriter on significant items in the financials and may be involved in credit structure and loan pricing. Additional responsibilities may include being a specialist for a designated industry and the effective interaction with Credit Officers and Relationship Managers while providing assistance regarding the analysis of the applications.
- Spread new, renewal and interim financial statements and business and individual tax returns in accordance with bank guidelines (focus on more complex financial statements (i.e. Not-For-Profit).
- Provide succinct analysis based on customers, peers, the portfolio, and the industry.
- Provide preliminary analysis of simple to complex credits, including calculation of cash flow, debt service coverage, collateral coverage, and guarantor net worth.
- Coordinate with the Credit Officers, Credit Analysts, Other Credit Center Staff and Relationship Managers.
- Act in an advisory role for the Credit Officers/Relationship Managers on loan agreement/covenants clarification and monitoring.
- Complete quality assurance reviews to ensure application packages and analysis are thorough and accurate prior to forwarding for underwriting.
- May act as an industry specialist with responsibility for SBA/EXIM loan analysis
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years prior experience in a financial institution with a focus on credit analysis and spreading software.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial regulations, financial products, and credit analysis.
- Ability to analyze business and personal financial statements with respect to GAAP and Citibank policies.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Decisions
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting