We are looking for a talented and passionate Quality Assurance Engineer to join our ambitious Product team to help evolve our product with a constant focus on User Experience supported by growing our testing and QA capabilities.
Working directly within the product Agile team, pushing for increased quality on all levels, you will also stay in close communication with other QA of the group that aims to automate testing as much as possible.
We work closely as a team : each of us has our own area of expertise and we share knowledge and issues amongst us to make sure we reach the best solution to any problem.
The successful applicant will join us to focus on:
- Developing and growing testing techniques and tools
- UI testing, integration testing or functional testing – both manual and automated
- Testing across platforms, devices and OS/browser combinations
- Working closely with all our delivery teams throughout the Agile/Scrum based lifecycles
- Testing from requirements through functional and performance validation, to supporting and monitoring the resulting products once live
- Sharing our testing capabilities /skills set /knowledge across borders and brands.
- Ensure necessary website/software tests are added to the daily run
- Monitor automation runs to ensure accuracy and validity
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and specific feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, write and execute automation scripts using a test automation framework
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough usability, functional, and regression testing in close coordination with the Engineering team to ensure successful validation and deployment of release items
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet best user experience
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
It's important that you enjoy teamwork in an Agile/Scrum environment, have an eye for detail and take pride in your work. We're strong believers in teamwork and as such, expect a willingness to share what you know – and be willing and open to learn from others. If you want to apply, we consider the following as required skills:
- Experience with usability, functional, and regression software testing
- Knowledge about internet technologies (protocols, APIs, etc.)
- Experience with some open source and online QA tools – Katalon, Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, JUnit, Testrail
- Intermediate understanding of development practices and technologies (today we work with NodeJS, PHP, Java, Selenium, JIRA, Confluence, TeamCity but we are always trying out new things).
- Must be methodical and structured
- Passion for quality and a sharp eye to details
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Must have a can-do attitude and work closely with software developers and product managers to find solutions
- Experience with gathering requirements from user stories and analysis models in order to design automation test scripts is a plus
- Experience with designing and writing test automation scripts using test automation frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with investigating problems in software as a result of testing is a plus
- Experience helping teams/companies move from manual to automated testing
- Programming and/or scripting experience, automation is a plus
CompareAsiaGroup is an equal opportunity employer. We value, support and respect all individuals and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse working environment. Decisions in hiring are based on business needs, requirements of the job and individual qualifications and shall not be influenced by any consideration of race, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), age, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or other applicable legally protected characteristics.