This position is an opportunity to join a world-class APAC finance team based in Thailand of a highly respected global brand organization where our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
The key focus of this role is to ensure the financial integrity of American Express legal entities’ financial reporting and contribute to transformational initiatives within business and finance.
The candidate is required to understand US GAAP and Thailand GAAP to prepare a full set of financial statements independently. It is also expected for the role to work closely with global colleagues on transformational change management initiatives covering finance technology, business projects and process improvements.
Principle activities include the following:
- Legal entity financial performance and governance
- Perform variance analysis and present impactful financial data analytics and insights to senior management
- Lead and collaborate with various stakeholders for opportunities identified
- Finance and Business strategic partnership
- Formulate financial strategies with business team and subject-matter-experts
- Determine accounting treatment and implement finance process on business initiatives
- Prepare financial scorecard highlighting data insights
- Regulatory, Statutory and tax reporting matters
- Key point-of-contact for external stakeholders, such as external auditors, tax agents and corporate secretary
- Prepare regulatory report and schedules are required
- Ensure compliance for both internal and regulatory requirement
- Participate in Change Management and Improvement Opportunities in Finance across APAC region
- Work closely with finance colleagues on APAC regional initiatives across different disciplines: Digital Transformation, Process Automation, Financial Reporting Standardization, Talent Development.
- Assist accounting manager and controller with assignments and adhocs projects.
The candidate should thrive to lead the way and enjoys working in an agile and empowered environment with high expectations and performance standards.
The candidate should have or is in the process of completing accounting professional qualification.
Key technical qualification requirements:
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience; ideally with external audit experience in Big 4
- Understanding of US GAAP, local GAAP and legal entity governance
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
- Thai CPA or US CPA required
- Advance knowledge of Excel (VBA) preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP system preferred
- Data management experience preferred (SQL, Power BI, Tableau)
About your leadership traits:
- Possess strategic thinking, creativity, emotional intelligence, and cognitive flexibility to lead the way
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills in drawing insights from financial data
- Self-motivated and committed individual who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment in professional and calm demeanor
- Proficient in articulating the story behind the numbers to senior leaders
- Confident team player who can work a range of team members and management across different functions and cultures globally.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2021, 6:58:13 AMAmerican Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.