Primary Purpose of the Job:
To track/monitor & report financial performance of projects and support the business in achieving its goals in Thailand.Principle Relationships:
Direct reporting to APAC Project Controller, dotted line reporting to Country Delivery & Finance Leaders.Objective:
- Finance business partner supporting Tender & Execution teams to monitor and challenge project performance (P&L, Cash Curve, CCO GM evolution, etc)
- Ensure governance around project controlling are in place (REL, risk/ opportunity analysis/review, solution database, Process Guidelines, IFRS).
- Advise the Finance & Control Leader and/or Delivery Leader, on main areas of attention regarding the execution of projects (risks / loss / opportunities).
- Be part of Project controller community.
- As business partner during project Execution, support and challenge Project Manager in all relevant projects aspects with close focus/follow up on the finance activities (Revenue recognition, Margin, Cash, Tax, …) in order to improve project financial performance.
- Creates and maintains accurate and thorough financial reporting of forecasts and actual results by project and service contract. Provides relevant (timely & accurate) variance analysis.
- Liaise with Corporate, Finance & Control functions in order to help in the follow up of financial performance of project execution: Legal, Tax, Treasury, Solution Risk Managers, Contract Managers, Contract administrators, and Finance.
- Business analyst - actively supports the Revenue/Margin forecasting process of the business. Should be able to highlight issues and provide recommendations to improve and recover any variances.
- Manages the Cadence: Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting processes for projects/ service activity. Support Project Managers and Delivery Director in identification, analysis, trending of deviations in actual performance to budget/forecast, recommend & take part in corrective actions.
- Supports invoicing and cash collections on projects. Participates in weekly cash calls or unbilled calls, supports in resolution of disputed items in coordination with Delivery Project managers.
- Establish standards & templates financial system for Delivery function to enable systematic & consistent data collection, and generation of analysis reports.
- Support month-end reporting in terms of POC method, utilization, factory loading, ad hoc reporting and CQA support.
- Ensure project compliance with systems policies and procedures (like GDO procedure, DOA) as well as application of business and system processes (SAP).
- Take active part of Project Controller community sharing lessons learned and best practices.
Person successful in this role can have an opportunity to work for other countries, look at regional roles as well as roles related to Finance Controlling.
+5-8 years experience in large and/or multinational companies, Good SAP, BW & Excel skills. Prior experience of project controlling would be an advantage. Exposure to project execution processes (short term & long term) would be preferred.Qualifications Required
University and/or Business School : Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent. Experience in Finance , Control, Audit. Strong accounting background needed. E xperience from Big 4. Strong audit/FP&A experience in project industry.Personality/ Behaviours/ Competencies
Must be ready to work in cross functional, cross hierarchy & cross cultural teams, proactive, agile. Fluency in English is a must. Should be a quick learner, have the ability to work independently, confident to speak openly. International experience/exposure would be an advantage, be able to challenge the status quo.